img-feed img-feed-email

KERS Revisted

The Kinetic Energy Recovery System, or KERS, continues to come up as a topic in almost every press conference and press scrum this year even as we move into the fourth race. And it’s still not sorted out.

We learned today that Robert Kubica plans to use it Bahrain for the whole weekend. On China, he said, he had stopped using it because he felt it wasn’t an advantage, but now he appears to regret that.

“If I felt it was an advantage in China I would have used it the whole weekend,” he said. “As you know I removed it but the result in China on Saturday was not what I was expecting. It is quite difficult for myself to use it but I hope in Bahrain I will face less problems with the balance and weight distribution issues.”

Kimi Raikkonen said it will return to the Ferrari, but first on Felipe Massa’s car, and then they’ll decide.

“I don’t use it tomorrow,” Raikkonen said. “The other car will run it and then we will make the decision which way we go. We either take it and use it if we don’t have any issues with it and we will put it also in my car but really we want to look a little bit and compare the two cars with and without and see a little difference.”

And Timo Glock said they’re not using it on the Toyota.

I will be looking in detail at the whole KERS controversy in my Bahrain race preview tomorrow. So check back here and I’ll put up a link to the KERS story when it’s online….

Posts Recentes

Comentários Recentes

 
▲ TOPO ▲